Your Guide in Choosing a Die Cutting Machine
Die Cutting is a procedure used in many distinct industries to cut paper with the aid of pressing a die built of knife-area blades into the paper. It is a beneficial tool in designing promotional substances, point of sale and packaging mainly whilst larger quantities required.
What is Die Cutting Machine?
A Die Cutting Machine is a machine that is used to cut materials, such as paper, chipboard, fabric, thin plastic and many more. This machine is the cookie cutters of the arts and crafts world since they punch out shapes from flat materials. It provides uniform shapes with clean edges in a more efficient manner than hand-cut pieces.
Factors to consider when buying die cutting machines:
- Type of machine (Manual or Automatic) – in case you are working to a budget, manual cutting machines are the way to go. Because of the lack of wires, they are very portable and far easier to apply than the more expensive electronic cutting machines. A manual machine works by feeding the material through the slot where it is then either cut or embossed.
- Cost – die cutting machines can cost from $50 for a basic manual operated machine up to $1000 for a top end electronic cutting machine. Typically, the more expensive the machine, the more powerful it is. If you plan on using a machine a lot, it’s essential to find something that fits your desires that is easy to work with.
- Materials and Versatility – consider the project you will be creating with a die cutting machine and the kinds of materials that will be cut. Heavy duty machines are able to cut a greater variety of materials. If you will be cutting mostly with paper-based materials, it might not make sense to invest in a heavy duty machine.
- Ease of use (Software and Support) – Even when you have the quality of die cutting machine, it may be frustrating to use the machine if the software has a high learning curve or you can’t get support. Research the software that comes with the machine and sees what kind of tutorials are there. Also, research the company selling die cutting machine.
- Size and Portability – size and profitability may be a factor. Do you have a small working area? Are you going to cut large materials that require larger cutting width? When buying a die cutting machine, you must have to consider the weight of the machine. In such a case that you might be planning on traveling with the machine often, then you will have to buy for a small one.
You need to consider the quality of the machine. In most cases, the best thing to do is to go with a well-known brand. As a customer, you should always consider reading the review about the machine before purchasing to make sure that it is well-designed and easy for you to use.
Choosing the right die cutting machine may be a great way to take your crafting to the next level. When you invest in a high-quality machine, you’ve got many greater options when it comes to decorating your crafts. If you are interested in purchasing a quality die cutting machine, the International Cutting Die will help you compare the most popular models on the market.
For inquiries call us at 708-343-3333 or email to email@example.com